As our current Scholars are growing as leaders in the classroom, Boettcher provides additional opportunities to expand their skills through educational grants, access to Boettcher’s network of leaders and Foundation events.
Learn more about the opportunities available to current Scholars by logging into your Scholar Portal.
Apply for a Scholar Grant
As a Boettcher Scholar, you are eligible to apply for the educational enrichment and international education grants. These Scholar grants allow you to pursue educational enrichment opportunities beyond your regular coursework that will broaden your educational experience, both within the U.S. and internationally.
Scholar Grant opportunities are designed to help you:
- Develop high-caliber enrichment projects, skills in writing successful proposals, and experience with rigorous review processes
- Increase your knowledge of grantmaking and make you more competitive for future professional and academic awards
- Reach new heights
Scholar Grant Cycles
Projects occurring January-May
Final proposal deadline in October
Projects occurring June-August
Final proposal deadline in late March
Projects occurring September-December
Final proposal deadline in late April
Interested in Applying for a Scholar Grant?
Types of Grants
Educational Enrichment Grants
Boettcher Scholars have the opportunity to apply for an educational enrichment grant of up to $3,000 for projects or programs in four categories:
- Academic/professional development
- Special classes/field sessions
Some past examples of educational enrichment grants include:
- 2010 Scholar Lanna Giauque completed a field course called “Glacial Landscapes and Climate Change in Norway.” She traveled to the North Atlantic to supplement her geography major.
- 2011 Scholar Lucas Suazo used his grant to conduct research on the effect of cigarette smoke on the lungs, while studying with a Boettcher Investigator at National Jewish Health.
- 2011 Scholar Walter Gorra attended a Latin jazz residency at CU Boulder to study and perform Latin jazz saxophone with an accomplished saxophonist.
International Education Grants
Boettcher Scholarship recipients can apply for funding to spend a semester or year studying abroad.
Some past examples of international education grants include:
- 2012 Scholar Jaser Alsharhan studied abroad in Rwanda at SIT Rwanda: Post-Genocide Restoration and Peacebuilding, which supported his international studies minor.
- 2011 Scholar Melissa Barnes traveled to Berlin to study Afro-German women and feminism in various cultures.
- 2013 Scholar Kristina Lu studied literature, culture, and history in Rosario, Argentina.
Since 2010, the Boettcher Foundation has funded early career biomedical investigators at Colorado’s leading research institutions through our Webb-Waring Biomedical Research Awards. Boettcher Scholars who are interested in biomedical research or human health have the opportunity to apply for Collaboration Grants that enable them to work in the labs of the Boettcher Investigators.
Open opportunities for Collaboration Grants will be emailed out to current Scholars as they become available on a semester basis. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.