03 Jul Boettcher Foundation Awards Grants for Education, Community Enrichment Projects
DENVER, July 3, 2018 — The Boettcher Foundation has awarded a total of $650,000 to five organizations that are advancing education and cultural enrichment in the State of Colorado.
“The Boettcher Foundation invests in the promise of Colorado and the potential of Coloradans, and this group of grantees exemplifies these values by contributing to the cultural fabric of our communities and to the educational opportunities of our students,” said Katie Kramer, president and CEO of the Boettcher Foundation.
The grantees include:
- Denver-based Clayton Early Learning, which was awarded $75,000 toward a facility renovation that will create additional programming space and allow the organization to make space on its campus available to nonprofit tenants;
- Denver Botanic Gardens, which was awarded $200,000 toward construction of the Freyer-Newman Center for Science, Art and Education;
- Denver Art Museum, which was awarded $150,000 toward the renovation of the Gio Ponti-designed North Building;
- Qualistar Colorado Capital Fund, a statewide fund that received a $150,000 grant to support capital improvements at early childhood learning centers throughout Colorado; and
- The University of Colorado’s Leeds School of Business, which was awarded $75,000 for an expansion that will connect the buildings housing the business and engineering colleges on the Boulder campus.
“We are proud to contribute to these projects, which ensure that Colorado students enter the world prepared and that all Coloradans can remain lifelong learners thanks to our community’s important cultural institutions,” Kramer said.
The five organizations awarded grant funding applied as part of the foundation’s 2017 funding cycle. The foundation is currently conducting a strategic review of its capital grant program and is not accepting applications for 2018.
Contact: Kristi Arellano, 303.285.6208, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Boettcher Foundation:
At Boettcher, we believe in the promise of Colorado and the potential of Coloradans. Every day we champion excellence across our state by investing in our most talented citizens and high-potential organizations, because supporting their hard work and leadership will enable them to give back for years to come.