Curtis L. Esquibel
Senior Director of Communications & Community Engagement
Curtis leads Boettcher’s communications and outreach, ensuring that the Foundation connects with its diverse stakeholders through messaging, brand journalism, and community engagement. In addition, Curtis oversees Boettcher’s Doers & Difference Makers Fellowship Program and its statewide networks of leadership practitioners and rural leaders.
A natural connector, Curtis believes profoundly in the power of philanthropy to impact the lives of Coloradans.
Prior to Boettcher, Curtis spent nearly 20 years working in the education and nonprofit sectors in Colorado and New Mexico. His purpose is to champion organizations that are invested in the public good while in roles that support the leadership development and elevation of individuals who choose to serve their communities.
Early in his career, Curtis wrote professionally for newspapers in Colorado and California.
A native Coloradan, Curtis earned a Bachelor of Science with honors from the University of Colorado Boulder and an MPA from the CU Denver School of Public Affairs.
- Board Member (Vice Chair), Rocky Mountain Partnership
- ComNet Denver, Leadership Team
- Advisory Board, Colorado Media Project
- Leadership Council, Prosper Colorado
- Communications Committee, Governor’s Residence Preservation Fund
- GOLD Alumni Board, University of Colorado Denver School of Public Affairs
- Core Team, The Institute for Science & Policy, Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- Former Board Member, College Track Colorado
- Former Board Member, College Horizons
- Youth sports coach